My English 2007-2009

dissabte, 9 de maig del 2009

About my written documents: From my point of view I now have the tools to analyse the first written document I produced, and comparing it to my last entry.
Frist of all, I had a look at the structure lenguage and fluency of my work, I realized that in my first entry I used a lot of short sentences, repetitions of certain words (really, very...), Spanish translations (spanglish: lost ways instead of secret ways..) incorrect use of prepositions as well as spelling mistakes. Having said that I don't want to say that I don't make any mistakes now, but that now I am able to spot the mistakes I made two years ago. As far as fluency is concerned I jumped from one topic to the other without using connectors.
I think I have proved that in my last composition, thanks to all the posts in the blog.
And about my oral presentations: The first presentation was an easy one because it was about my life and I felt comfortable in presenting it in three minutes. Now the presentations are much longer and the topics very often more challenging.
About my use of language and structure as far as I remember I used inapropriate vocabulary.
As I being nervous, I gesticulated that surely must have made it difficult for my classmates to follow my presentation. However comparing it to my last presentation I would say that I have improved a lot and that now I can be calm while I'm doing a presentation, thanks to the experience of the last two years.
As far as pronunciation is concerned I do have difficulties remembering it but it must have been worse than it's now.
To sum it up I think I have improved in all the linguistic aspects thanks to all the hard work behind.